Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Rainy Days...and the job hunt continues

We have had more than our share of rainy days lately. Memorial Weekend was a wet one. It turned out I had to work Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, so at least we didn't have any exciting outdoor plans, so it wasn't as disappointing as it could have been.

Ryan has been helping out an old customer with landscaping jobs here and there, but is otherwise still out of work. All the rain has put a hold on most of the landscaping opportunities as well. At least he has been able to get a few days of work each week and is getting geared up to try to start school again this fall. Once he finishes the application process and gets set up with an advisor, hopefully we'll find out how long it will take to finish his degree. Hopefully, he hasn't been out of school long enough to start losing credit for the classes he has already taken.

I am still job searching as well. I have an interview in Mtn. Home, AR (my hometown) on June 4th. I am excited about the possibility of being near my family again and living in Mtn. Home, but with Ryan possibly staying here for school, we will have some big decisions to make if I am offered the job. I am still searching for jobs in the Birmingham area as well. There aren't many opportunities, but I do have a couple potentials.

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment