Saturday, April 16, 2011

April Half Marathon

So, if you haven't noticed, I've done a half marathon each month so far this year. Today, we ran in Jonesboro, AR for the Doc Rock and Run Half Marathon. It was about 47 degrees with wind gusts well above 20mph...horrible. It was bound to happen. I had 3 beautiful races (weather-wise) in a row. I just didn't think it would be this miserable in the middle of April.

But on the bright side, it was another PR! I don't know how. I've kept my mileage up, I but haven't been trying to incorporate speed work or other workouts that would lead to another PR. So, I was excited to shave about another minute off my PR. Today's time was 1:54:and some seconds. My official time hasn't been posted yet. I think I was just in a hurry to get back inside!

Here's a few pictures. It was too cold and windy to take pictures outside, so in front of the women's restroom inside the Convocation Center was the next best place.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I can't keep up with you all. We are going to make some good business for the frame shop. You all are going to have to make a room for the medals. You both are getting skinny. Melissa, you don't need to lose any more!!!!Love, Mom in Dothan

    ReplyDelete