Saturday, July 2, 2011

Summer Break

Ahhh...the lazy days of summer. Yes, I've been on somewhat of a summer break. Not necessarily on purpose, but I've taken the past month or..ahem..month and a half to be a bit lazy.

Running? Yep, still gettin' out there but not as often and not nearly as long.

Strength training? Maybe once a week. (I'm pretty sure that's not effective at all in maintaining lean muscle mass).

Counting calories? Not since May.

Blogging? Let's not even go there.

Well, what have I been doing instead? A little fishing and boating, hot evening strolls in the park with the dogs, watching movies (I think we've gone to the theater 4 times or so in the last month), and waiting.

Waiting to find out where we go from here. Waiting to see if Ryan finds a job. Waiting to see if his job will require us to move. Well, about two weeks ago, we were contemplating the options. No jobs were showing up here (or elsewhere for that matter), and Ryan was wishing he was more qualified for the positions requiring an engineering degree or experience, so he started looking closer into going back to school, again. Well, turns out, he can continue to go to school at ASU since he hasn't been out of school for a whole year and finally get his engineering degree. He has taken all the classes he can here at the local campus, so guess what that means...

We're moving to Jonesboro! It's all happening a little fast, but the timing is right. We can likely get moved by the end of summer break, just in time for classes to start. This means I am on the job hunt over in Jonesboro and hopefully I'll find something by the time Ryan's classes start. We'll see...

As far as my summer break, I'm bringing it to an end. Fall racing season is just around the corner and I have a few half marathons I'm looking at for September, October, and November, then a FULL marathon in December. You may remember my post about this time last summer, when I first uttered the "M" word and set my goal to run my first full at St. Jude's Memphis Marathon. After being side-lined by a stress fracture, I hope to finally reach that goal a whole year after I had originally hoped. And I will.

So, summer break is nearing an end for me. It's time to start increasing mileage, strength training at least twice a week, eating clean, and yes, keeping you all updated on my progress. Oh yeah, and moving 2 hours away and finding a place to live and work in the process! I love it!

1 comment:

  1. I will continue to pray for you both in the decisons you all are making. but closer to Alabama sounds good even if it is only 2 hours. I wish that Ryan could land a job but I know you all do too!!!!God has a plan for both of you; we just may not know what that is yet. We love you and are wanting what is best for you!!Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete