Friday, March 26, 2010

Another Cold Race

Last Saturday we arrived in the Memphis area to meet Ryan's parents for a visit and a 5K. We were greeted with sunny skies and 70-degree weather. Sunday morning, when we woke for the race, it was 49 degrees and pouring rain. Of course, this just seems to be our luck...if you'll remember...in Disney World, it was sleeting, then raining as the temperature rose just above freezing, last spring we ran through the rain at Oak Mountain...This just is just par for the course.


Pre-race
I crossed the finish-line in just over 29 minutes. Turns out I was second place in my age group, but don't get too excited, it was a small race...very little competition...most real runners would have left me in the dust.


Here comes Ryan: for someone who doesn't run on a regular basis, he did pretty good!

And Bobby...My running partner through it all! (I think I just about have him talked into a full marathon someday)

After...all wet...




P.S. By the time we got home on Monday, the temperature was back in the upper 60's, sun was shining without a cloud in site....You can shed a tear for me now if you'd like.

No comments:

Post a Comment