Thursday, November 8, 2012

Getting back into it...

Today, Rylie is 10 days old which also means I am 10 days post-op.  I've been feeling well, and my abdominal pain is all but gone, so I decided to try a 30 minute walk on my treadmill because exercise withdrawal is an ugly thing.  Really, the first several days I was in such pain that I couldn't imagine exercising ever again, so it wasn't too hard to go without any regular exercise.  Now that I've been stuck indoors for the majority of the last 10 days (other than 2 short outings with Rylie in the stroller), I was ready to get moving...even if it had to be indoors today. 

I put Rylie in her big girl crib for the first time since her monitor was already set up in her room, then I snuck away to the treadmill.  I made it exactly 16 minutes and 48 seconds before I had to go downstairs and peek in on her to make sure she was still asleep and the monitor wasn't missing anything.

This is what I found:

Ok...good.  I stopped at after a full 30 minutes of slow walking.  I kept my speed just below any point of discomfort along my incision site.
 
Here are the results of my workout:

 
Yep...It took me 30 minutes to walk just under 1.5 miles.  No shame here.
 
And this is what I found after my walk:

 
Deep in thought but still sleeping like a...well, like a baby.
 
It looks like we are in for some very nice weather this weekend with temps in the 70's.  I'm hoping to drag the whole family to the park for a walk OUTside to take in the fall foliage and fresh air.  I think Rylie will love it (if she doesn't sleep through it).
 
What are your plans for this beautiful weekend?

1 comment: