Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Making Progress

Today, my treadmill kicked my butt.  To beat the boredom, I picked a pre-programmed workout that combined changes in speed and incline.  The maximum incline during the workout was 8 and the max speed was a brisk walk...any faster and it would have forced me to jog.
 
Let me just say, it felt so good to work up a good sweat.
 
Here are the results of my workout:  Just under 2.5 miles in 40 minutes, and it says I burned 400 calories (not sure how accurate that is, but still).  That's amazing for a 40 minute walk (it was the hills that bumped up the burn).  And if you look closely, you can see a sleeping baby on the desk in the background.  Leaving her in the crib downstairs was causing me some separation anxiety.  Plus, I'm still not sure if I trust the monitor to tell me when she needs me.
 
 
And, yes, that's an elevation gain of 522ft.
 
Rylie is now 4 weeks old.  She will be 1 MONTH old on Thursday.  It's hard to believe how time flies.  I will go for my postpartum visit this week.  I'm hoping the doc will give me the green light to start running soon.  I'm feeling very close to my normal self again, and I think I will feel even closer to normal when I can get a good run in.
 
Here is a closer look at my sleeping little bundle of joy.  A pillow on top of the laptop is a great bed for a morning nap, right?

 

2 comments:

  1. Wish I could hold and rock that precious baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missing her so much! Love, nana rose

    ReplyDelete