Friday, March 22, 2013

Such a big girl, New trail shoes, and a Road trip

Someone is getting too big for her britches, literally. 
 
I cry a little every week when I put more of her outfits in the "too small" bag.
 
She thinks she's old enough for her own place at the table.  All in favor say, "I."
 
IIIiiiii!!!!!
 
 
Is it approved, Mommy?
 

 
Yes, honey, I guess you won the vote.
 
That's what I thought.  Now, where's the food??

Well, the food is in the form of rice cereal, and she has made it very clear that it is the most disgusting thing on earth.  We'll move on to some veggies next month.  Maybe we'll have better luck.
 
In other news, I bought some trail shoes and took them out for a test run last weekend. 


 
I figured I should run on something other than pavement and treadmills to prepare for a race coming up in May.  I will be running on dirt/gravel roads and trails for 30-something miles in a 200 mile relay through the Ozarks.
 
Ouch.
 
I found some nice views.  
 
And some challenging hills...

 
My quads hurt for 3 days after this 5 mile fun run through the woods.
 
I'm pretty sure I won't be able to walk after my 30-something miles.
 
Tomorrow, Rylie, Aspen, Copper, and I are heading out on a little road trip to my parents for a visit.  We will be hanging out with my sister and Rylie's precious cousins this time tomorrow night.
 
Ryan is in Baton Rouge at a competition for engineering students.  We will meet again on Sunday.
 
Rylie misses her daddy.
 
She was only about a week old in that picture.
 
I cannot believe how much she has grown...
 
I better stop looking before I start crying again...
 


2 comments:

  1. Tears did flow from my face when I saw the last picture! My how she has grown but she is still precious in her big girl chair and so adorable! You will be ready for that race, I know! Do you run the 30miles in your leg of the race? Hope y'all have fun at your parents! Be careful! Love, Nonny

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is gorgeous! Just clicked on pictures and made them larger which shows those big beautiful brown eyes! Love her so much! Nonny

    ReplyDelete