Sunday, March 3, 2013

4 Months


I cannot believe a whole month has gone by since my last update, and our baby girl is a whole month older. 
 
By the end of this post, you may be tired of pictures of Rylie.  I think I just uploaded 500. 
 
Ready, Mom?  See, I'm 4 months old.. It says it right here.
 

Should I hold something up?  Like a flag, or a torch or something to look important.
 
You are important, darlin'.
 
*giggles* Momma, you're gonna make me blush.

 
Ok, seriously, how's this?

 
Yes honey, you look just like the Statue of Liberty.  Let me go find your torch.
 
*giggles* Stop, Momma!  You're killin' me! *giggles*


 
But seriously, I could hold it right here.  Wouldn't that be great?!?

 
When she's not trying to pose or laughing until her sides hurt, she is trying to sit up.  So, we had to do a few pictures of her sitting like a big girl.
 
Look, Momma!  I'm so big!  I can sit all by myself!

 
It's easy, really.  This stuff is for babies.

 
I can even sing a song while I'm sitting here...

 

 Oh wait, you mean I should wait until I'm 6 months old to do this??  Well, we can fix that.  I'll just take my 4 month sticker off.
 
Hehe...They'll never know...

 
Really, here, take it.  I don't need it anymore.

 
And, so ended our 4 month photo shoot with the removal of her sticker.  The little stinker has it all figured out..
 
So, what has been going on this month?
 
Well, Rylie spent the majority of her 3rd month of life sick with various illnesses, but she pulled through like a champ and has been well for 2 whole weeks now.
 
She is smiling a lot and now even laughing a lot. 
 
There is nothing sweeter than baby giggles.
 
I need to find a way to bottle them up.
 
Anyway, back to the list:
She is cooing and babbling a lot.
She is still waking twice on most nights, but her bedtime has moved from 9-10pm to 7-8pm.  Daycare must be quite strenuous.
She is grabbing and holding her toys with ease.
She has very good head control and is lifting her head with ease during tummy time.
She tries to sit up by doing crunches.  When we help her into a sitting position, she is a little wobbly, but can stay upright with just the Boppy pillow for support.
She still loves bath time.
Her hair is getting long.  It has thinned in some areas, but the rest of her hair is so long that you don't notice the thinned areas much.
Her absolute favorite nap place is still on our bed, propped on a pillow.  She slept 4 hours yesterday afternoon in "her spot."
She is in full drool stage.  I remember in my child development book in nursing school at 4 months it said, "Drooling starts."  It never said when it stops.  This should be fun.
She is wearing size 3-6 month and 6 month clothing.
I moved her up to size 2 diapers at home.  She still has some size 1's at daycare that she can still use for a little longer.
She is putting everything to her mouth and loves to chew on her knuckles.
She is starting to act shy around strangers...and around the baby that lives in every mirror in our house.
She has the most beautiful big brown eyes with looong eyelashes.  I'm a little jealous.
Complete strangers still feel the need to come say hi to her and comment on her hair and dashing good looks.  I think it's starting to go to her head. 
 
But don't worry, I still tell her she's beautiful every day of her life.
 

2 comments:

  1. Such fun pictures! She acts like posing for you is one of her favorite things. She is sooo cute! I hope she doesn't think I am a stranger! I better see her soon!
    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures and your journaling tells her story so well. You need to take up writing in your spare time. Haha. I enjoyed seeing her photo shoot pictures too. My favorites were the ones with just the diaper and the kiss ones. She is cuter than a monkey! She is precious . Know y'all are enjoying her! Give her hugs and kisses from her Nonny/Nonna. Wish I could hold her

    ReplyDelete