Tuesday, January 29, 2013

3 Months

As promised yesterday, here is the complete 3 month post with more of Rylie's photo shoot.
 
When I took her off the quilt and put her on the Boppy for more pictures, she kind of lost focus...
 
Look how long my tongue is, Mommy!!

 
*Giggles*  Wait, wait...no, seriously, I got this...*more giggles*

 
And there she went again, sticking her tongue out at the camera.

 
 
Ok, ok, Momma.  Can't a girl have some fun?  Let me just fix my hair a little... 

 
Ta da!!  See, I totally got this, Momma.
 
I can even smile and stick out my tongue and still look cute!

 
Then, in walks her Daddy.  And she completely loses focus again...
 
Daddy!!!

 
Daddy, you should have seen me!!  First I was like..
 
 

Then I was all like...

 
Are you proud of me, Daddy??
 
 
After making googly eyes at her Daddy for a few minutes, she pulled it back together for one more good smile for the camera!

 
So what is going on this month?
She loves to "talk" and even talks to inanimate objects like the ceiling fan.
Sometimes, I think she just talks to hear her own voice (this could be a sign of what's to come...).
She loves to smile at people and at toys that have smiley faces.
She laughs occasionally.
She is sleeping well at night, but still has to wake up at least once during the night, almost always between 1 and 2am, then again between 4 and 5.
She is getting very accurate when batting at dangling toys.  Sometimes she grabs them. 
She is just starting to hold toys for a brief second.
She loves listening to music and even dances by waving her arms and kicking her legs.
She still absolutely loves bath time, especially in the big bath tub.
Her hair is still growing longer.  It may be thinning a little, but it's still very thick for an infant.
She loves laying in our bed all propped up on a pillow while I'm getting ready for work or while I'm doing laundry on Saturday mornings.  She takes her longest, most restful naps like that.
Her eyes are still brown.
She is wearing size 3-6 month and some 6 month clothing.  All of the 3 month clothes are getting too short.
She is still in size 1 diapers.
She weighs about 12.5lbs.
She is starting to drool.
She is starting to explore everything with her mouth, including her hands, blankets, and toys.  I'm sure it's only the beginning.
She is doing very well in daycare.  She loves watching her little "friends," and all of her teachers just love her.
We can't take her anywhere without complete strangers stopping us to comment on how beautiful she is.
 
You don't have to tell us...

1 comment:

  1. Oh but yes her Nonny has to tell you that she is the most precious and beautiful grand daughter a grandmother could ever dream of! Thank you GOD for our special blessing! Those eyes as she looks at her Daddy and the smiles as she looks at her Mommy are priceless! We are so blessed! Can't wait to see her and hold her and give her hugs and kisses! I have been looking at the whole blog tonight and enjoying it! Love Nonny

    ReplyDelete