Saturday, January 12, 2013

An Attempted Run

This morning, conditions were perfect for an outdoor run.  Temperatures in the 60s, overcast sky, and a baby that was well fed and ready for a ride in the jogging stroller...It was going to be fabulous.

I suited Rylie up in her Under Armour attire.  I was so excited she could finally wear her first running outfit, and even though it was too warm for a jacket, I put on my Under Armour jacket so we could match for a little while anyway.

 
Ryan was somewhere in a pit or swamp or something hunting for ducks and geese, so I had to do the ol' iPhone picture in the mirror trick.  Unfortunately, Rylie laid her head down to snuggle just as I took the picture, so you can't see the logo on her shirt, but I didn't mind a little extra snuggle time.
 
The best part of her outfit is the pants.  They kind of feel like the sweat-wicking material...you know, just in case Rylie jumps out of the stroller and decides to work up a good sweat.  They also have the wide waist band and a little flare at the bottom.  I need to get some as cool as hers.  Here is an attempt to zoom in on her pants.  You can kinda see the logo on her hip in this one.

 
And you can see that Copper was pouting.
 
And you can see that I haven't made my bed today.
 
This post is called "An Attempted Run" because as soon as we got to the park, that overcast sky opened up, and it's been raining ever since.  With the nice temperatures, I would have just run in the rain anyway, but I didn't think that would be very kind to Rylie.  So, we headed home, and I hopped on the treadmill for exactly 10 minutes before I got bored and decided I would save my energy for my 8 mile long run tomorrow morning. 
 
It's a good thing running clothes are just as useful for lounging around the house...

2 comments:

  1. Awww! Is that the little outfit we found at the mall right before she was born? Sweeet! You both look fantastic!Love...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We need to get under armour to put ruffles on the baby gear! I can't believe how skinny you are , Melissa! Love y'all, nonny

    ReplyDelete