Thursday, May 27, 2010

How to Eat Corn-on-the-Cob

Okay, most of you may be more advanced than me, but I guess I never learned how to effectively eat corn-on-the-cob.

This is what my corn looks like...

...and if you think that looks messy, you should see my teeth..

...and my face..

...and my shirt...it's not a pretty site. I refuse to eat corn-on-the-cob in public.

Ryan has always been a pro, and until now, he just shook his head at my struggles and told me I was wasting perfectly good corn by eating it that way (not that I knew any other way to do it).

This is how his corn looks....

....clean, every kernel gone, and his teeth? Let's just say he could get up and go to the dentist and they wouldn't find a trace of that stuff in his teeth.
So, tonight we were eating our corn as always, me making a mess, Ryan enjoying ever morsel. He looks over and says, "You know if you just go straight across a row once, from there go across again, using only your bottom teeth to pop the kernels out, you get the whole kernel, and you don't get as much in your teeth."
Although I had my doubts, I tried it...and behold:

...my first row of perfectly eaten corn! And it's so much easier that way! I've always loved the taste of fresh corn, but the mess often deters me from it. If I had only known this the first 26 years of my life...and why Ryan waited 4 years to share this with me I'll never know.
One more time...Before:


After!
Amazing...Now excuse me while I go alert the media.

1 comment: