Monday, May 31, 2010

PW's Homemade Doughnuts

Because I had a 3-day weekend, and because I was feeling nice and rested because of it, and because I've been dying to try them, but never have the time or energy...This is what I did this morning:

Yes, these are doughnuts, and yes, I made them, and yes, I ate them. They are straight from the Pioneer Woman's website (I'll link you straight to the recipe in a second). I didn't do step-by-step photos while making them because it's all on her website, but I did want to share a few photos to get you salivating.


Here is a golden pile of fried dough, just waiting to be glazed.


Oh yeah, I did do one thing different.

I made this. A chocolate glaze to mix things up a bit. It's just 2 Tbsp cocoa, 2 Tbsp butter (softened...almost melted), 1/4 cup milk, and 2 cups powdered sugar.


These are the regular glaze. I dipped them twice for a nice thick layer of glaze.

These were regular glazed...until I dipped them in my chocolate glaze...mmmm.



I had a bag of coconut in the cupboard, so I dipped a few of the chocolate ones in coconut...so fancy ;).

You must go to Pioneer Woman's website to try the recipe yourself...here's a link straight to the recipe: Pioneer Woman's Homemade Glazed Doughnuts.
Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Wish I could have been there for breakfast. They look delicious. I better not try them because I don't have the will power you do. Love always, Rose Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa - what a great story! {since you lived to tell it and everything :)} I had no idea you moved back to MH. Glad to see you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete