Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Hair Donation

I planned to donate my hair in December, but I had a bad hair day today.



And this is what happened.

(Please excuse the photography. Ryan was in class, so I had to take these on my own).



I had an appointment today for a trim, but my hair woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, so at lunch, I frantically called my hair dresser.


"Do you think you have time to do more than a trim today? I'm really getting tired of my hair and I think it's long enough to donate now..."


"Umm...yeah we could probably cut enough to have 8 inches plus the 1/2 inch extra to get it shaped. I'm just preparing you for that, so...well...you don't cry."


"I won't cry."


"Okay, good, cuz I would be crying with you."


I didn't cry...My neck feels a little naked, but I haven't cried.


I have no reason to cry. If I had cancer and lost my hair to chemo, I would deserve to cry, but I have my health, and now someone else can have my hair. Someone who needs it more than me. Someone who needs it to feel a little more like herself...before cancer.


That is worth every inch.


4 comments:

  1. It's SO cute! Yay for going short!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I had no idea you were gonna do that! It's adorable!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an unselfish gesture! Besides that, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess my comment didn't post for some reason. I love it. I can't believe you went so fast with the short hair; I had to do mine gradually, a foot with each child. One thing about it, it will always grow if you decide you want to go long again. But it will be so much cooler with this heat we are having. i think it looks so good on you. Love, rose marie

    ReplyDelete