Sunday, November 28, 2010

A Week in Review

I'm back!!

Ryan and I visited his family in Dothan, Alabama for the week of Thanksgiving. We had a great time, and I wanted to share a few points of interest for the week.

1. I am running again, slower than before, but I am running again! In the past few weeks, I've gradually started alternating walking with some jogging. At the end of the week prior to leaving for Alabama, I jogged 3 miles without any pain! While in Dothan, we went to the local park which had a 3.3 mile walking/jogging trail. The first day, I walked/jogged the trail. Day 2, I did more jogging and wanted to go a little further. By mile 4, I began to feel a slight ache in my hip, so we walked back to the car (about 5 miles total that day). Day 3, we went to the gym and had a great workout on the spinning bikes and gave my hip a break from any impact. Day 4, Thanksgiving day, we started from the house and walked/jogged to the park, jogged the 3.3 mile trail, then walked/jogged home...a total of about 5.5 miles with no hip pain! I earned my Turkey that day! Day 5, we went to the gym again and had a good workout on the bikes. Finally, yesterday, after a 10 hour drive, we walked 2 miles at the park to stretch our legs. Today is a day of rest! I am thrilled, and very thankful, to have made it through an active week with almost no trouble with my hip.

2. Auburn came from 24 points behind to beat Alabama!

3. The weather in Dothan was beautiful! Temperatures were in the upper 70's to lower 80's the whole time we were there. The only problem was my allergies went haywire with all the leaves still on the trees and flowers still blooming, it was like driving from winter to spring in one day. My sinuses still haven't fully recovered.

4. 2 hours or less of a car ride with the dogs is fun for them and easy for us. 4 hours is beginning to push it. 7 hours is a bit more difficult but still manageable (we used to do it all the time between Birmingham and Mountain Home). 10 hours is stressful, for them, for us. Let's just say we won't be doing it again anytime soon.

5. Black Friday is way more fun when you have more places to shop than Walmart. We aren't typically big Black Friday shoppers, but we did venture out around 10am (after making and eating homemade doughnuts) and found a couple good deals on things we needed.

Did you do anything fun over the holiday weekend?

1 comment:

  1. We enjoyed your visit so much. Love, Rose marie

    ReplyDelete