Sunday, February 20, 2011

Frozen Fog

Since I last posted, the weather quickly took a turn for the better. We have enjoyed several 70+ degree days, many in the 60's as well. BUT I forgot to transfer a few pictures to my computer from a couple days after the last big snow, so I'm gonna backtrack to winter again for a brief moment.

A day or two after the last big snow, I was letting the dogs out as usual...just before the sun came up. I noticed something all over the trees. I knew it wasn't fresh snow. It looked...different. As the sun came up I saw that all the branches, including the tiniest twigs were completely covered. I suppose it must have been the fog freezing on any surface it touched.

Later, as I thawed out my car from under the thick layer of mystery iciness, I snapped a few photos before heading off to work.




See the thick layer of icy crystals...so cool.
As I drove to work, I saw the icy wonderland ended after crossing to the other side of the lake. I guess it was just the lake fog...any weather experts out there have a better explanation?

Okay. Now that I got that out of my system, we can officially look onward to spring...no turning back!

No comments:

Post a Comment