Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!

We hope everyone is having a great new year so far. We didn't have a big celebration, but watched football and the ball drop at a friend's house, then headed home (I was exhausted from being at work all day). With the talk of resolutions all over the place, we (well mostly I, but Ryan hesitantly agreed) thought about something that we could do together during this very busy 4 months looming in front of us. I found a 5k and 10k (3.1 and 6.2 miles) race on May 2nd in Pensacola that we could run just one day before our 1 year anniversary and at the very end of my time in graduate school..two great accomplishments. Since I run 3-6 miles on a regular basis, I am looking forward to it. I'm hoping it will keep me on track during these cold, dark winter months when I don't want to get out of the house. Ryan on the other hand, has bad knees from football, and has never been able to stick with running for long, so this will be a challenge. We will see how it goes in working him up to 3 miles, and if he's still going strong, we will shoot for the 10k. I hope everyone will be encouraging us to stick to it, so we will have yet another accomplishment to celebrate come May 3rd!
-Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment