Sunday, July 5, 2009

Looking ahead..

We have been in Arkansas again for the holiday weekend and to bring a few things to the house that will become our home for the next year or so. We were fortunate enough to have my parents' rent house become available just in time for us to move. They have offered to let us stay there until our house in Birmingham sells and while we prepare to purchase a house here. So if you are trying to picture our living quarters, here is a picture of the house:
And a picture from the back deck...a large yard and shed:
I am still waiting to find out an exact start date for work. It may take a few more weeks for the paperwork for my licensing to be processed, etc. Many people have been asking what type of clinic I will be working in, so here is a link to the Burnett-Croom-Lincoln-Paden Clinic . It is a family practice/internal medicine clinic plus they are also an outpatient clinic for the VA, so I'll be seeing a wide variety of patients in all age groups. I am so excited about my job...and a little nervous too! I have a feeling that I couldn't ask for a better place to start my career as a nurse practitioner.
I hope everyone had a very happy 4th of July! We are headed back to Birmingham tomorrow. I have two final days of work in the Trauma/Burn ICU this week and a lot of packing to do!
-Melissa

3 comments:

  1. Grandpa & Grandma Perryman would be so proud of you working for Dr. Burnett. They also would be so happy that you are starting your new life in Arkansas in their old home. Be careful driving back to B-ham. We will take care of the "grand-pups" until you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As they say, you can take the girl out of the country but you can't take the country out of the girl. It's all good. You and Ryan will have many experiences to shape your lives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to be so great! And yes...we HAVE to get together! Did your mom tell you that she is going to keep Addie?! I'm so excited! We're back in Mountain Home...as grown-ups! Haha!

    ReplyDelete