Sunday, January 24, 2010

Playing with the new toys...

For Christmas, we got a few new small appliances. Ryan got me a mixer. I got him a deep fryer...healthy, I know. I've used my mixer a few times now. I'm trying new recipes whenever I can. This weekend I decided to try the Pioneer Woman's Perfect Pound Cake. Here it is...the pictures don't to it justice. It has such great flavor and texture. Click on the link for the recipe and try it yourself!


We don't use the deep fryer very often. We try to avoid fried foods when we can, but when we do pull it out, we fry just about everything in sight (it's the consequence of having a husband from South Alabama). On tonight's menu: chicken wings, fried pickles, and fried pepper jack cheese.

Sooo yummy...now excuse me while I go take a Tum's and have a heart attack.

2 comments:

  1. You may have to lock up that fryer because he does like his heart attack food. Your cake is my weakness and I would love to have a hot piece of that. Glad you are enjoying your toys. Love you, Rose Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. you need to try the apple dumplings on that link where the pound cake is. Sarah Beth made them one weekend from one of her firend's recipes and they are delicious. I was glad to get the printed recipe. She was doing it from memory.

    ReplyDelete