Saturday, January 30, 2010

Snow Day...

...well not quite. In the traditional sense of the word, that would mean waking up with school canceled and having the whole day to watch it snow, play in the snow, etc. But now I'm all grown up, so Ryan and I braved the snow to get me to work yesterday.

Just follow the white tree-less path and assume that is the road.


The bridge to cross the lake was a bit dangerous...fog, snow, and minimal visibility.



Finally made it to town! And yes, there were some other crazys out...other than us.
Finally at work, this is the view from my desk...I watched it snow all morning (in between seeing patients, of course...).
This is some Gingerbread cocoa...I need to experiment with recreating it...

And this is my best friend at work. With floor to ceiling windows, it gets a bit chilly.
The happy ending is that the clinic closed at noon, and my knight in his North Face jacket came in on his trusty steed (aka the 4-wheel drive truck) to pick me up. We made it home safely and have been snowed-in since...time to make a snowman!

1 comment:

  1. What a sight to see! I would love to be inside a warm house viewing the beautiful white scenery. I'm still waiting for that snowman to pop up. Glad yall made it safely home. Love you, Rose marie
    Gingerbread hot chocolate. Sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete