Sunday, October 31, 2010

Aspen Turns 5!

Aspen turned 5 yesterday.


You know how when someone has a hyper dog, and other people tell the person, "Oh, he'll calm down in a couple years. He's just a puppy."



I'm still waiting.


I'm not sure that a 5-year-old dog can still qualify as a puppy. That's what? 35 in human years?



I'll give him a little credit (for his birthday and all).



He is a handsome dog.




He's been a good big brother to Duke from the very beginning, always watching over him without stepping ON him.


He's always good for a laugh.


He's a great foot warmer.


He's always happy to see me, even if I'm mad at him for dripping water from his bowl from one end of the kitchen to another.


He's a good running/walking partner.


So, I guess there's enough good stuff to keep us satisfied while we are waiting for him to grow up, but in the mean time, we'll just watch him do things like this while we are trying to take a family photo:



Maybe growing up is overrated after all. We could probably learn a few things from our carefree dogs.


Happy Birthday Aspen!

No comments:

Post a Comment