Sunday, January 30, 2011

Busy Week, Sick Husband, and Looong Run Sunday

This week was very BUSY in every sense of the word. Busy at work, busy outside of work, busy at school (for Ryan)...just busy. So, Friday night when Ryan said he wanted to go to bed at 7:30, I didn't object. I went right to sleep too. Ryan was just starting to feel sick, and I was just, well, exhausted.

I slept until 7:30 the next morning. The long night of sleep had me ready for anything on Saturday. I finished cleaning the house by 10:30, had a Walmart trip done by 12:30, and went back to bed for a nap by 2:30.

Yes, a nap.

A two-hour long, glorious, Saturday afternoon nap. Thank you.

Ryan ran a fever all day Saturday, other than when he had Tylenol in his system. So, with him feeling sick, he went right to bed around 9:30 on Saturday, even after sleeping most of the day away.

Me, on the other hand, I was wide awake until about 12:30am. I guess 14 hours of sleep will do that to you.

Today, I went for my first long run since the half marathon. Well, I did run 7 miles last Sunday, but that was on the treadmill and it always seems a little easier on the flat surface (I never voluntarily add hills). I ventured out with my trusty Garmin to tell me when I had finished my 8 miles. I ran through neighborhoods and through town, just enjoying the freedom of not having to follow a specific route to know my distance. I felt great, my hip didn't hurt, and I averaged a 9:39 pace.

I am signed up for another half marathon at the end of February. It's the Cowtown in Fort Worth, TX. Some marathoner-friends of mine are going to do the full marathon and asked if I wanted to join. I would love to try for a full, but I still think it's too soon for my hip, so I will be tagging along for the half.

For now, I just hope Ryan feels better soon so he can get back out there with me again. The only running he did today was running a fever all day again. Hopefully this will be short-lived...and I hope I don't get it!

Have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment