Saturday, June 6, 2009

Expressions

Spending some time with my niece, Clara, this weekend made wonder...What if we continued to be as animated with our facial expressions as we were as infants. You know, those genuine whole-hearted, wide-mouthed smiles with raised eyebrows...the ones that make the person looking at you smile all big and crazy in return, just to see if they can get you to do it again. What if we never learned to be shy or conservative with our smiles and laughs? I think the world would be a happier, more easy-going place, don't you think?








At least we still have babies to give us those unrestrained expressions and happiness that is truly contagious.
-Melissa


1 comment:

  1. Awww!! I think I'm gonna start smiling like that again! :) I know she's mine, but I just think she is so stinkin' cute! She already misses Aunt Melissa! We enjoyed our long weekend with you guys! Love you! Kim

    ReplyDelete