Sunday, October 21, 2012

38+ weeks

 
Ok, so I'm really almost 39 weeks at this point, but better late than never... P.S. Please excuse the wild hair, sweaty face, and running attire.  This picture was taken just a few minutes after finishing my 30-minute wog (walk/jog) this morning.  So, now that we're done with the said disclaimers, let's get to the good stuff.

This week, our little one is probably staying pretty steady height-wise, averaging anywhere from 19-21 inches.  The weight gain has also slowed a little at 7+ pounds.

Any cravings?  Chocolate, cereal, soup (I've been essentially living off cereal, soup, and apples with peanut butter for 2 weeks now).

Maternity clothes?  Yes.  This week I even did a load of laundry mid-week to avoid having to wear my pre-pregnancy pants with a belly band.

Still running/walking/exercising?  Yes.  This week, I actually ran 3 times instead of the 1-2  times I've averaged over the past two weeks.  But my runs are limited to about 30 minutes due to pelvic pain that worsens the longer I run.  I don't want to cause any serious injuries, so I just stop.  I'm still enjoying walks at the park, pain-free.

Current symptoms?  Nothing new or exciting.  Heartburn is actually a little better these days.

Baby moving?  Um yes, to put it mildly.  She's more of an acrobat.  She went from head-down to transverse (horizontal), to breech, to transverse (with head in the opposite direction), to oblique (head downward, but pointing toward my hip instead of the exit), all in a week's time.  She's bound to run out of room eventually, so the doc hopes she will stay pointed in the general downward direction and when contractions start, they will help her line up toward the exit...and if she doesn't, I'm mentally preparing for a c-section.  As long as we get her out safely, I don't care how she gets here.

Stretch marks?  No, but I'm starting to think they will show up after my belly starts shrinking...what do you think?  I didn't make it through puberty without getting stretch marks, so I'm not so naive as to think I'll make through pregnancy without a few stripes to show for it.

Any contractions or signs of labor?  Nothing more than last week...occasional contractions, but nothing regular.  I may just be pregnant forever.

What is exciting right now?  Now counting DAYs instead of weeks until my due date.  9 more days from today!  (single digits!)


No comments:

Post a Comment