Monday, October 22, 2012

The. Longest. Summer. Ever.

It started way back in early March with unusually warm, June-like temperatures.  I think we planted our vegetable garden by the 2nd or 3rd week of March, and it didn't get killed by a frost.  So, it has been at least since late February since the ground has frozen here.  And here we are, nearly to November (a full 8 months later) and we are still having temperatures well above 80, and we are still getting vegetables out of the garden. 
 
 Now, any other year of my life, I probably wouldn't have batted an eye at the warm temperatures and probably would be loving every bit of the heat while it lasts.  But do you know how many of the last 8 hot months I've been pregnant? Yes, all 8 of them, and my hot flashes started in February, before I even knew I was pregnant.
 
So, when I saw this forecast:
 
 
I wanted to cry.  Another long, hot week.  Then, there was a little light at the end of the tunnel.  A light in the form of a cool, rainy day a mere 4 days before my due date, followed by what could only be a cold front that will keep temperatures cool all the way through the first part of next week.  Ahhh...I may make it after all. 
 
Now, if we can just get Rylie here and home from the hospital before a snow storm hits...

No comments:

Post a Comment