Sunday, October 7, 2012

Running on E

These days my runs occur more on a weekly basis than daily.  I think I continue to do it to make sure I still can, although my pelvis complains for at least two days afterward.  The strange thing is how quickly running went from just uncomfortable to nearly impossible.  It was like a switch turned off or the "E" light came on...It's just not what my body wants to do right now.

It makes me sad...

I am thankful, however, that I was able to continue running for as long as I did.  It wasn't until about 34 weeks that the switch flipped. Sure, running while pregnant can be uncomfortable...the constant urge to pee, the cramps, the arched and achy lower back, the 20+ extra pound to drag along, but it's also an amazing thing how you're body adapts as it changes and it's fun to always have a little running partner to tote along.  Plus, running is one of the few things that has made me feel somewhat like myself for the past 9 months.  Even when every other moment of the day, I may be feeling huge, moody, sick, or fatigued, for those 30 minutes (give or take) of running, I feel like a normal person, energized, athletic, and healthy.  Plus, a good sweat session always makes me feel like I've accomplished something.

For now, and for the few remaining weeks of pregnancy, I will continue my weekly wog (walk/jog)...or at least as long as my body allows.  Of course, when little Rylie gets here I'll be cut off from running altogether for at least 4-6 weeks.  But by then, I'll have other things to occupy my time.  I can hardly wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment