Saturday, June 5, 2010

Cinnamon Roll Pancakes

Have I ever told you breakfast is my favorite meal??


Breakfast is my FAVORITE meal.


My ever-loving passion for cereal would really be enough to make it my favorite meal, but the fact that I have an enormous sweet tooth also contributes for my love of breakfast. You see (I may not be the only one who has noticed) a lot of breakfast foods are sweet enough that they could double as dessert. Take for instance: doughnuts, cinnamon rolls, danishes, leftover cake from the night before, muffins, chocolate chip pancakes, and the list goes on and on.


All of this brings me to what I made this morning for breakfast. Let me first say, I've always really, really liked pancakes. Then, Ryan's mom gave me her homemade pancake recipe. Now, I really LOVE pancakes, and I haven't used instant pancake mix since. This recipe combines parts of Rose Marie's homemade pancakes with a cinnamon pancake recipe I saw several months ago...and here's the result:



Mouth watering yet? Here's how you make 'em:

You'll need:
1 1/4 cup flour
3tsp baking powder
2 T. sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 T. cinnamon
1 beaten egg
1 cup milk
2 T. salad oil

First, combine dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, cinnamon). In a separate bowl, combine milk, egg, and oil. Add wet ingredients to the flour mixture, stir until just moistened. Bake on hot griddle.

Now for the glaze: Combine 2 T. melted butter, 1/2 tsp maple flavoring, and about a cup of powdered sugar. Then add milk (a tablespoon or so at a time) until a nice, thin consistency.


Pour a nice layer of glaze over each pancake as you stack em up, and you can go ahead and stop right here and start eating...

But I like to add a little syrup too. Get a glass of milk and/or a cup of coffee ready to balance out all of the sweetness here!

Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to try them. They look delicious. Love you, Rose Marie

    ReplyDelete