Sunday, August 1, 2010

Marathon Training: Week of 8-1-10

Last week got a little mixed up because I realized I was doing week 5 of my training plan and should have been doing week 6...oops! They are pretty similar except the long run is a bit longer, so I did about 14 miles this morning to catch up. That put me at a total 33 miles for the week.

The coming week looks like this:
Monday: 5 miles easy
Tuesday: Pilates
Wednesday: 6 miles, Hills or speedwork
Thursday: 5 miles, Pilates
Friday: 7 miles
Saturday: rest
Sunday: 16 miles

Total: 39 miles.

I stopped putting the pace goals because I've consistently been running a bit faster. It's hard to estimate my pace on different routes until I get home and punch in the numbers on Daily Mile. But I guess that's a good thing...hopefully I can keep it up as the miles add up!

P.S. Today was a big milestone for me...Since I have only run up to a half-marathon before (13.1 miles), today marked my longest run ever! It will be a new longest-run almost every week from here on out!

No comments:

Post a Comment