Monday, August 9, 2010

Marathon Training: Week of 8-9-10

Last week, I began feeling an ache in my right hip. Sunday, about 6-7 miles into my long run, the ache became a sharp, stop-me-in-my-tracks pain. I limped/jogged 3 miles back to my car. All day yesterday, I could barely walk, no matter how much ice, ibuprofen, rest, anything! I thought I really messed up. Well today was a new day, my hip had gradually felt better through the day. I will probably take one more day off from running, but looks like I should be back on track by Wednesday!

Monday: Rest
Tuesday: Rest, maybe pilates and/or a short, easy jog if my hip continues to feel better and better.
Wednesday: 5 miles
Thursday: Pilates
Friday: 7-8 miles
Saturday: Rest
Sunday: 14-16 miles.

This is a bit of a recovery week. If my hip starts acting up, I'll end up cutting back a little so I can come back stronger next week.

1 comment: