Sunday, August 15, 2010

Marathon Training: Week of 8-16-10

This is my 3rd post today! You can tell I've had a lot of down time this weekend. ;)

As you may remember, last Sunday, I was stopped in my tracks by hip problems. The plan was to start running again on Wednesday. I was feeling pretty good and pretty confident that I would be able to pick up where I left off. Well, I tried. I made it one mile before the hip was screaming again. So, I stopped, consulted a physician...and haven't run since. It's likely a strained/sprained/stressed tendon and I was told to rest the remainder of the week, which is something I knew was needed, but didn't want to admit. I am now at the end of the week and was hoping to start back with an easy run tomorrow, but I'm still limping just as much as I was Wednesday morning before I tried to run.

So this week is supposed to look like this:
Monday: ?? maybe hop on a stationary bike at the gym and see how I feel
Tuesday: 3 miles easy, and pilates
Wednesday: 8 miles
Thursday: pilates
Friday: 9 miles
Saturday: rest
Sunday: 16-18 miles

I have a bad feeling that it won't look like that. But, hey, I would be happy with even half of that, ANYthing is better than nothing.

2 comments:

  1. i wonder if the elliptical would be better for you while your taking a break?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please take it easy. Those hips will hurt you when you turn 40. Love you and hope you are better!!!! Rose Marie

    ReplyDelete